On 1/14/24 18:43, Felix Miata wrote:
gene heskett composed on 2024-01-14 18:15 (UTC-0500):

Felix Miata wrote:
I have mount
points scattered about this system, literaaly all over that just work,

Fine! It's your stuff.

since when is /mnt some special thing?

Since 1994, 30 years ago next month:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/fsstnd/old/fsstnd-1.1/fsstnd-1.1.txt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard
Or are you saying I should mkdir that mount point in the rad10, and then
mount one of these SSD's to it?  Sounds like the long way around the
bush but it might work, I'll try it. But that would be forever recursive
w/o excluding that dir from the copy.
I'm only suggesting you find a place other than /mnt/ for anything found in
/etc/fstab, based upon the definition of /mnt/ in FHS. Conforming your machinery
to FHS is not mandatory, just recommended, a good idea.
so I should use /media? In any event that line is now commented out of fstab.
Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis