On 1/15/24 19:11, David Christensen wrote:
On 1/15/24 16:03, gene heskett wrote:
On 1/15/24 18:41, gene heskett wrote:
On 1/15/24 17:58, gene heskett wrote:
On 1/15/24 14:55, David Wright wrote:
On Mon 15 Jan 2024 at 08:39:37 (-0500), gene heskett wrote:
ata-Gigastone_SSD_GST02TBG221146
ata-Gigastone_SSD_GSTD02TB230102
ata-Gigastone_SSD_GSTG02TB230206

these devices appear to have normal serial numbers. Do they bear
any other indication, like engravings or stickers? If not, I would,
in turn, plug each one in, read the serial number from its symlink,
and write on it with a marker. While doing that, you could also
run smartctl.

There is a sticker on the bottom containing the numbers you see above, and a (upc?) bar code I don't have a reader for.

So, two stickers have one number, two stickers have another number, and one sticker has a third number?  Or, three stickers have one number, one sticker has another number, and the last stick has a third number?

5 ssd's
3 unique numbers on those 5 stickerss the same numbers you can see above. 2 drives with the same sticker, 2 more drive that have identical sticks and one with a different sticker. I am inclined to think the numbers are based on production batches, and not unique as there may be 500 in each batch.

David

.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)