On Saturday 20 January 2024 07:56:16 pm gene heskett wrote:
> We may even already
> have a POS system you could use. I know for a fact one of the local
> grocery stores here in this village of around 6000 is running something
> on linux in the checkout lanes, I saw it boot up after a power failure
> before the actual app was auto-started.  What that app was, no one had
> been instructed as it was totally auto starting.  Typical of the
> checkout lanes I suspect.

Without naming the rather large company involved,  I had some similar
experience -- I ran a service call to do some updates on one of those checkout
lane systems,  and they were running a customized version of RH7!  I was
instructed to bring a keyboard and a monitor because the POS screen and
keyboard wouldn't show all that needed to be seen or to key in the necessary
stuff...

-
M Dakin