On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 05:32:26AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> How do I setup /etc/chrony/chrony.conf so it slams the system clock to the
> current time on the first cycle as its rebooting?
> There was 20 yeas back, an ntpdate command that would do that.
> Now it appears to conflict with the other client/servers

You can use "rdate" (openrdate) as quick fix like `ntpdate'. I resort to using
it inside my virtual machines on my laptop when it wakes up from hibernation.

I use chrony on my production MTAs on the internet though.

--
Regards,
Didar

Worlds are conquered, galaxies destroyed -- but a woman is always a woman.
                -- Kirk, "The Conscience of the King", stardate 2818.9

Generated by Signify v1.14 (http://www.debian.org/)