On 2/10/24 13:30, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Hi,

gene heskett wrote:
my fading eyesight couldn't see
the diffs between () and {} in a 6 point font.  I need a bigger, more
legible font in t-bird.

That's why i propose to copy+paste problematic command lines.

Your mouse can read it, your mail client can send it, and we have
youngsters here of merely 60 years who will be glad to tell our
most senior regular why the lines don't work.

With some luck this creates nostalgic tangents about how the used features
evolved since the early 1980s.

Or even the later 1970's when I made a cosmac super elf RCA 1802 board do anything I could dream up. Made the video hdwe, and the interface to control a broadcast vcr. S-100 bus adapter was the only thing I bought, and had to build that from a kit. Built it for KRCR-TV in Redding CA, it was so useful to the production folks they used it many times a day from '79 to mid 90's when it burnt to the ground, That's eons in a tv station control room where stuff is often replaced before its fully written off tax wise in 5 years. Fun times back then. Now I'm searching amazon for a pi-clone hat with a 6 pack of sata-iii sockets on it, and coming up MT. Sniff...

In the other thread about the /dev/sdm test:
Creating file 39.h2w ... 1.98% -- 1.90 MB/s -- 257:11:32
but is taking a few bytes now and then.
[...]
$ ls -l
total 40627044
[...]
$ sudo f3probe --destructive --time-ops /dev/sdm
Bad news: The device `/dev/sdm' is a counterfeit of type limbo
Device geometry:
                 *Usable* size: 59.15 GB (124050944 blocks)
                Announced size: 1.91 TB (4096000000 blocks)

That's really barefaced.
How can the seller believe to get away with a problem which will show
already after a few dozen GB were written ?

Probe time: 2.07s

That's indeed a quick diagnosis. Congrats to the developers of f3probe.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas

.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.