Am Tue, 19 Mar 2024 17:42:55 +0300
schrieb Jan Krapivin <daydreamer199...@gmail.com>:

> The thing is my password is very easy now

The simplest thin is to change that now.

, and i haven't thought about *"automated connection attempts"*,
> that sounds rather... scary?

Those attempts happen if a server software (like SSH, Telnet, rlogin)
is running on you machine and reachable from the Internet.
The IPv4 address range can be iterated easily (only 4 billion
addresses) and the ports too.

> My password is easy because i am not afraid of direct physical access
> to the computer.

As long as it isn't connected to a network or running any services
reachable from the outside, there is no danger.

I recommend choosing a good password anyway because if you intent to
have remote access in the future, you might forget to choose long
passwords for ALL users.