On Thu, 2024-03-28 at 14:12 -0400, Lee wrote:

> Yes, it does.  I was hoping for something simple but it's becoming
> clear to me that there's no simple "make Debian secure for dummies"
> checklist to follow.

Making "Debian secure for dummies" and having a multi-user system at
the same time does not sense, IMO. If you want to secure your Debian
system, one of the easiest and most important steps is: Don't give
anyone access who you do not trust.

Having a true multi-user system that shields users from each other is
much much harder, and certainly nothing "dummies" or beginners should
even try.

/ralph