On 5/31/24 10:04, Evgeny Kapun wrote:
After I upgraded my system, my integrated sound card (Intel HDA) stopped
working properly. The sound plays, but it is severely distorted.

If I boot the same system with an older kernel, it works. Currently, I am
using kernel 6.6.13+bpo-amd64, because newer versions that I tried don't
work (in particular, 6.8.11-amd64 doesn't work).

What can I do to fix it (without having to run an outdated kernel), or to
investigate it further?

Is the distortion related to disk or USB or processor or memory or keyboard
or mouse or video activity, or constant or seemingly random?  How about
audio volume (pre or post "master" control) or a particular input on the mixer?

--
         The difference between theory and practice is that
   in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice,