On 3/6/24 01:06, Bret Busby wrote:
On 3/6/24 00:52, e...@gmx.us wrote:
On 6/1/24 23:02, Max Nikulin wrote:
On 02/06/2024 02:59, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
If you change subject
or emphasis in mid-thread, please change the subject line on your email
accordingly so that this can be clearly seen.

For example: New question [WAS Old topic]

Are square brackets intentional here? E.g. thunderbird strips "(was:"
subject part from response subject.

This is true.  I (on Thunderbird 115) had to restore the subject line after Thunderbird modified it.  Do you know of a plugin or weird setting to make
it stop doing that?  Web searches were fruitless.

--
A mob with torches and pitchforks approaches the castle.
"Sire, the peasants are revolting!"

I am using Tbird "115.11.0 (64-bit)" and, in checking, have found that square brackets are apparently not molested in this version of Tbird.

"Re: [GNC] Problem with New Account Creation"
is apparently not molested by Tbird.

Similarly, with this (the Debian users) list,
"Re: [solved] Re: No login with Debian 12 ssh client, ssh-rsa key, Debian 8 sshd"
and
"Re: [Solved]: What DE to replace GNOME with?"
appear to be unmolested by Tbird.

Whilst I regard Tbird after v102.x, as a pile of faecal matter, having been downgraded from v102.x (the higher the version number, the greater the degree of downgrading), the reported problem involving square brackets in the subject field, is not apparent on this system, making me wonder whether the reported problem, is an effect of either affected users' settings, or, desktop environments, or, themes.

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia
(UTC+0800)

Sorry - I should have changed the subject field value, in my last previous post, to more properly refer to where this thread has gone.

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia