On 2024-06-16 at 12:18, Hans wrote:

> I am wondering, why aptitude is showing me (incorrectlly?)
> libllvm*:i386 and apt-get not.
>
> I have no i386 entry in sources.list, but where does aptitude get its
> information?

AFAIK, /etc/sources.list does not record architectures; it only records
mirrors, which may have one architecture on them or may have multiple.

In order to see whether or not you have 'i386' available as an enabled
architecture, you can run:

$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures

(That's assuming it isn't your native architecture, which since you
suggest that it might be incorrect I'm assuming it isn't.)

> apt-cache search libllvm | grep i386

'apt-cache search' does not report architecture qualifiers for packages.

In comparison, you can run:

$ apt-cache policy packagename packagename:i386

and you should see that it shows you available-version and
installed-version information for both architectures for that package.

> aptitude search libllvm | grep i386

<snip>

> What did I miss?

A difference in the default information displayed by the tools.

--
   The Wanderer