There is a coordination, so you can use the same login data all over the
world. At least that's how it's supposed to work. But afaik the protocols
themselves aren't predefined. That's up to the local IT department how they
implement this. Authentication should always be done locally, with
synchronization between facilities. At least to my understanding, but I'm
no eduroam professional.

Richard