Dear all
My root account is locked. I experienced the well known issue "Debian
authentication failure" at the log-in stage, i.e. it would not accept the
root password.
I accessed the BIOS to enter the safe mode, and discovered that my hard
drive is almost full.
I shall not attempt a fresh partitioning as many files are not backed up.
So, I would like to ask:
- Can I access the system to back up my working files?
- How can I back up the files to an external device?
Distributor ID: Debian
Release: 12
Codename: bookworm
running on a Laptop hp ProBook 445

I would appreciate it if any kind soul could help me. I will buy you a cake!
Heriberto