On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 07:51:34 -0000, David Chmelik wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 10:29:58 +0500, Stanislav Vlasov wrote:
> > ср, 19 июн. 2024 г. в 06:53, David Chmelik <dchme...@gmail.com>:
> >> How can I add a dictionary (I have dictionary.dict.gz &
> >> dictionary.index)
> >> to dictd?  Apparently doesn't work same as on *BSD UNIX & Slackware
> >> GNU/ Linux...
> >
> > man dictd:
> >        /usr/share/dictd
> >               The default directory for dictd databases (.index and
> > .dict[.dz] files)
> >
> > Place files to /usr/share/dictd and run `dictdconfig -w` and restart
> > dictd service
>
> Thanks!  I guess it doesn't work with symbolic links (symlinks) to user
> directories/folders though...

Doesn't work, how?  Do you get permission denied?  If that's the case,
it might be something like AppArmor.

Or does dictd have a configuration setting that allows or disallows the
following of symlinks?  I did a couple quick searches on
<https://manpages.debian.org/bookworm/dictd/dictd.8.en.html> and didn't
see anything about following symlinks, but it's a *large* page so I
could have missed it.