I've installed a desktop Large Language Model shell GPT4all

GPT4All provides a gui interface to installed or remote Large Language models. I'm running Nous Hermes 2 Mistral DPO locally and I can also use remote APIs, I think including openai GPT series.

I want to get GPT4All to index and use Debian documentation to supplement the more general training in the model. GPT4All has a local documents feature where you put all the documents you need into a directory which is then indexed.

Does anyone have experience in doing this? Is there limitations on the quantity and format of documents that can be used? I guess there may be practical limits on just how much documentation is indexed, not so much in storage but in diluting relevant content.

Jeremy