On 06/29/2024 12:28 PM, Darac Marjal wrote:

On 29/06/2024 15:13, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
I have just restated by Xfce4 user on my Bookworm system and find that I can no longer resize some of the apps on the desktop and the icons in the upper right corner of the tool bar are missing.

Often, this is an indication that the window manager isn't running. For XFCE4, the window manager is called "xfwm4". Try pressing "Alt+F2" to bring up the launch dialog, enter "xfwm4" at the prompt and press enter.

This is only om my user directory, the root directory is still normal.
Don't run X sessions (read: don't run XFCE) as root.

I have not the faintest idea as to what might be going on and would greatly appreciate assistance.

Thanks in advance.

Well, the problem is back. I logged out and back in, and there it was!

I tried "Alt+F2" then "xfwm4" (without the quotes, of course) and got nothing.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
https://insilicochemistry.net