On Sun 30 Jun 2024 at 06:10:17 (+0200), DdB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sometimes, i did fetch the deb file from https://packages.debian.org
> even for another OS than the one, i am running, just to inspect its details.
>
> This time, i was unable to find/download the deb file for
> https://packages.debian.org/de/sid/parallel
>
> Could someone more knowledgeable explain, why there seems to be none or
> hint me to a workaround?

Your URL is for the package description page, which lists the
dependencies etc and then the architectures. As parallel is
suitable for all architectures, you would click "All" and arrive at:

  https://packages.debian.org/de/sid/all/parallel/download

which is the page with links for around the world. I downloaded:

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/parallel/parallel_20240222+ds-2_all.deb

successfully from the top left link. You would presumably use the
top right link for ftp.de.debian.org instead.

Cheers,
David.