The first bit is just a warning, not an error. Of course, you could check
what has changed in v9.11 that makes this not recommended anymore. Maybe
they already handle it internally when you set -dPDFACompatibilityPolicy=1
and the old setting can interfere. But when the output of the validator
doesn't change, it's probably just meant as you don't need to specify this
anymore, we activate it ourselves.

Speaking of the validator, those look more like warnings too and not like
deal breakers. In the end, only you know what your contractor expects of
you. And if they don't even bother inspecting the result, this will be
irrelevant. After all, the only reason PDF/A exists is for archiving
reasons. It pretty much just throws out all the proprietary clutter from
the PDF standard. The important thing is that fonts are embedded to always
be able to display them correctly, and that it's specified how images and
other media are embedded. If your contractor expects more of you, they
should pay for the appropriate software.

Richard

PS: this isn't really meant for this, but you could install Scribus and try
to import the PDF there. It also has a validator similar to Adobes
Preflight. Maybe it can give you a more precise result. I'm not sure if it
even can output PDF/A, I only know that it does PDF/X, but maybe it can
even be used for better conversion to PDF/A. The last time I tried to
import a large PDF into Scribus it got kinda stuck, but it has evolved
since then and maybe it was a hardware limitation.