On Sat, Jul 6, 2024, 9:21 AM Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 06, 2024 at 11:01:45 +0000, Richard Bostrom
>
> > I've removed unattended-upgrades.

> > Tripwire is useless with automated system updates etc.

I don't follow your logic.
First, I don't necessarily recommend automated system updates.
Second, tripwire has nothing to do with them. You turn off tripwire right
before the upgrade. You rescan afterwards because monitored system files
may have changed. That's what tripwire is for. As stated previously:

Though, if your plan is to run "apt update" and "apt upgrade"