Greg Wooledge (12024-07-10):
> hobbit:~$ echo 'echo I AM BASHRC' >> .bashrc
> hobbit:~$ ssh localhost date
> greg@localhost's password:
> I AM BASHRC
> Wed Jul 10 11:01:00 EDT 2024
> hobbit:~$

~ $ echo "I am in zshrc" >> .zshrc
~ $ ssh localhost date
~ $ ssh localhost date
Wed Jul 10 17:05:01 CEST 2024

> Debian is, by your definition, a hack made by people who cannot be
> bothered to organize their configuration properly.
>
> Good to know.

Indeed. Anything that uses bash is, because bash lacks one config file
to make it possible to organize its configuration in a way that always
work. Hence, when using bash, hacks upon hacks to work around that core
issue.

> (I won't even bother explaining because you CLEARLY know better than I
> do about all topics.  Enjoy your day.)

The risk of passive-aggressive like that is that you risk to be right.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George