On 2024-07-14 11:00, Nicolas George wrote:
Hi.

In case you are running unstable or testing and it recently started
blocking at boot waiting for encrypted swap or something to do with
encrypted disks:

Check if systemd-cryptsetup is installed.

HtH

Thanks for the confirmation!

I downloaded debian-installer for testing yesterday a got exactly this problem when setting up a new system with encrypted / and /home partitions. When I researched the problem I encountered some posts stating that systemd had its own implementation for cryptsetup and that there were compatibility issues. The x-initrd.attach notices were my first queue to start thinking in the direction of systemd.

<rant-mode on>
Why the *&^%#@! it is necessary to have this borg-like behaviour of systemd is beyond me. This is not the first time it is causing problems. TBH, this is more an ommission of d-i than of systemd. But then again, it would not have happened if there was just one implementation of cryptsetup.
</rant-mode off>

Grx HdV