On 2024-07-17 21:25 -0400, Gary Dale wrote:

> I'm running Debian/Trixie on an AMD64 system, using the Plasma 5 over
> X desktop. Firefox 115.12.0esr is crashing multiple times per day. It
> frequently happens when page I'm transfers to another page that
> creates a PDF or just has a complicated link. It's annoying.

Apparently this is bug #1072557[1] in mesa.

> To visit some pages, I have to use Chromium instead.  Earlier today I
> had to rename a sessionstore-backups json file because Firefox got
> caught in loop where it recognized it had a new tab open but the tab
> caused it to crash.

I experienced a similar problem on my laptop where firefox-esr crashed
shortly after the start before even reloading the current tab in all
open windows.  The workaround was to run it with LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1
set in the environment.

Cheers,
       Sven

1. https://bugs.debian.org/1072557