On Tue Jul 23 16:33:05 2024 debian-u...@howorth.org.uk wrote:

> John Rice <thejohnr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Peoria High School was used as reference for the high school Homer
>> and Marge went to. I don't remember if it was supposed to be
>> Springfield High. I designed it back in '91 or '92 when I was working >> on the show. I grew up in Peoria and went to Peoria High School and >> felt that the front of the school had the perfect classic high school
>> look.
>
> (1) You mean the school in Arizona or the one in Illinois
> or some other?
>
> (2) What does this have to do with Debian?

[Lily Tomlin (as Ernestine the telephone operator)
standing in front of a mainframe console]

A gracious hello.  Here at the Phone Company, we handle eighty-four
billion calls a year, serving everyone from presidents and kings
to the scum of the earth.  So, we realize that, every so often,
you can’t get an operator, or for no apparent reason your phone goes
out of order, or perhaps you get charged for a call you didn’t make.
We don’t care!

Watch this... [she hits buttons maniacally] We just lost Peoria.

You see, this phone system consists of a multibillion-dollar matrix
of space-age technology that is so sophisticated [she hits buttons
with her elbows] even we can’t handle it. But that’s your problem,
isn’t it?  So, the next time you complain about your phone service,
why don’t you try using two Dixie cups with a string?

We don’t care.  We don’t have to.  We’re the Phone Company.

--
/~\  Charlie Gibbs                  |  You can't save the earth
\ /  <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid>      |  unless you're willing to