On Monday, 29-07-2024 at 14:13 Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have KVM/QEMU/libvirt installed to manage my VMs. I have a Debian 12
> guest, x86_64, fully patched. The Debian guest has qemu-guest-agent
> installed. The qemu-guest-agent service is running on the Debian
> guest.
>
> The problem is, the Debian guest does not automatically release the
> mouse. I have to tap the right CTRL key.
>
> My question is, what else needs to be done to automatically release
> the mouse pointer in the Debian guest?

Not sure whether you use Spice or VNC to connect to your VMs.

I do not experience the issue you report with GUI enabled VMs, only with VMs
that do not have a GUI installed (i.e. headless VMs).

I use Virt-Manager to manage my VMs, I believe Virt-Manager defaults to using
Spice, hence I install spice-vdagent on my GUI VMs and on non-GUI VMs I connect
from a terminal using ssh.

I hope the above is of some help to you?

George.