On Thu, Aug 01, 2024 at 01:10:37PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 8/1/24 09:34, Andy Smith wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 01, 2024 at 08:54:22AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> > > Au contraire Andy.
> >
> > What a surprise. Here we go again.
> >
> > > The best, most expandable 3d printer driver, klipper,
> > > uses nginx to build its control interface
> >
> > I am answering based on OP's stated situation. You are answering
> > based on your personal circumstances and still making a big leap of
> > reasoning.
> >
> > > apache2 was probably tested and found wanting.
> >
> > Fact that it's working for OP's use case trumps your vague
> > "probably". If OP had come here with a problem we'd solve it, and
> > that could involve switching to something else. But they didn't.
>
> Neither of us has any knowledge of how many coding hours went into making
> apach2 work for the OP, the OP didn't indicate.

There's a to and fro here - none of us knows _exactly_ how much
time and effort the original poster is able to devote to this.
Both would do the job. I used nginx for my Debian mirror because
it allegedly serves small files very well.

> It also illustrates that this stuff isn't restricted to "genuine rpi" stuff
> to run on, there are dozens of other clones that can do this quite nicely.
> Some of them quite a bit faster than the rpi's with their usb2 speed limits.
> That is one of the reasons I chose the bpi-m5, all 4 usb ports are usb3.
>
> That spreading of "it works for me" info seems like a proper function of a
> "community" list, Andy.

"It works for me" : Gene, how many of your ARM boards are running
Debian as distinct from Ubuntu / Armbian?

You do keep repeating that everyone should follow you in running
ARM boards and pushing stuff forwards yourself but this list always
has problems establishing exactly where your problems lie and exactly
what you've done.

All the very best to all on the list,

Andy
(amaca...@debian.org)