On Wed, Aug 07, 2024 at 01:28:45PM +0000, Naik, Anil Natha wrote:

> Hi Team,

Hi Anik,

> As per the Debian repository I could see below php versions
>
> Debian 10
> php<https://packages.debian.org/buster/php/php> (2:7.3+69)
>
> Debian 11
> php (2:7.4+76)

Both PHP 7.*

> We have installed php 8.1.1 version for Debian 11.
>
> We wanted to know, what is the stable version of php available for Debian 10
> and Debian 11 in repository.

As above. Debian stable doesn't change after release. Others have suggested
Ondrej Sury's PHP packages - that's definitely the best idea.

> Is it possible to upgrade from 7.3 to 8.3 on Debian 10 or 11?

It is possible, potentially BUT ...

If you have old machines that are Internet connected, you might want to look
at moving them forward a major version or two of Debian itself. Debian
security support is nominally for one year after the release of the
next version before it gets passed to LTS. On a two year release cycle,
a verion of Debian will be supported for three years before LTS.
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

Debian 10 is out of security support from Debian.
It is also out of support from Debian LTS but in support from Debian ELTS.
That's a service that is provided from a separate group.
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Extended

Debian 11 is about to pass from Debian main security support to  Debian LTS.
There's a final release planned for August 31st. See, for example,
https://endoflife.date for Debian.

Hope this helps. With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater
(amaca...@debian.org)