Richard Owlett <rowl...@access.net> wrote:
> On 08/27/2024 08:36 AM, David wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Aug 2024 at 13:06, Richard Owlett <rowl...@access.net>
> > wrote:
> >> I'm looking for for where *Debian* documents which processors
> >> support current Debian release.
> >>
> >> I have three machines whose processors are 64 bit capable.
> >
> > To add to Dan's reply:
> > https://www.debian.org/ports/
>
> No mention of i686 nor x86_64.
>
> > https://www.debian.org/ports/amd64/
>
> No mention of i686 nor x86_64.

I agree that the Debian documentation doesn't seem to answer your
question, which I paraphrase as "Does XXX model of CPU run Debian?".
However I'd argue that your response to the various suggestions offered
has been over-critical.

I'd also say that I think that given the large number of possible CPU
types and the fact AIUI that Debian doesn't care at all, simply
accepting whatever the kernel folks do, plus the limited resources of
the Debian community, it doesn't surprise me that their documentation
doesn't answer the question.

> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64
>
> Not Debian documentation.
> Though x86_64 is mentioned in footnotes there is none to indicate
> that i686 can run Debian 64 bit software (only mention is about 32
> bit)

Given my explanation above, I think it is reasonable to look elsewhere
than Debian documentation for an answer to your question, and this
wikipedia page appears to provide an answer to it. Your processors are
specifically mentioned AFAICT.