Arbol One (12024-08-28):
> Having said that, I would like to keep my 'events' log showing only the last
> two days; as explain here
> <https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/139513/how-to-clear-journalctl>,
> using the following command : *journalctl --vacuum-time=2d*. However, when I
> use the 'journal' command to see the log record, it shows dates as back as
> January-2021. Just for the record, we are in August-2024.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

#           --vacuum-time= removes archived journal files older than the

I notice the *archived* word. Maybe your journal since January is not
archived.

You should look at the size and timestamps of the files in
/var/log/journal/.

Maybe also try to run “journalctl --rotate” before or after “journalctl
--vacuum-time=2d”, to have a point to discard the next time.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George