On 31/8/24 08:04, George at Clug wrote:
On Saturday, 31-08-2024 at 08:33e...@gmx.us  wrote:
On 8/30/24 09:50, Loris Bennett wrote:
Gerard ROBIN<g.rob...@free.fr>  writes:

However, I print so little these days that when I do, the nozzles have
always dried up and I have to go through the whole maintenance rigmarole
and use up half a dozen sheets just to print a single page :-/
Yeah, that's why I swore off inkjets.  Laser printers don't care how long
they sit.
+1  This is why I gave up using inkjets and moved to Brother Colour laser
printers.

My issue with laser printers is the consumables don't get close to the advertised figures.

They are sold on a similar basis to inkjet printers where the printer is sold at or below cost and the manufacturer makes their money on very expensive consumables.

This goes triple for color laser printers.

I have now converted my workflow to thermal printers for labels and invoices and largely avoid printing letters / A4.

I use pdf for document exchange and printers at big box stores when I absolutely must have paper copies. I find the cost per page at the big-box stores is roughly the same as the amortised cost per page of a personal laser printer.