On Sat, 14 Sep 2024, Tom Furie wrote:

On Sat, Sep 14, 2024 at 04:15:46PM +0100, Tim Woodall wrote:

The oldest backups I still have go back to 2006 which, sadly, is way too
modern. Checking the potato release information says security updates
were discontinued in 2003. I switched from Redhat to Debian around that
time so I'm likely not to have had any backups for potato anyway
although I did at least boot it at that time.

And, of course, as soon as I sent that I found a potato CD on
archive.org. Downloading now - it's going to take a while - about 20x
faster than it would have been back in the day over dialup but
definitely not a high speed archive :-)

https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/ has images going all the way back
to 1.3. Prior to 3.0 is in the "older-contrib" directory.

Thanks! I didn't see that "older-contrib" directory and I assumed they'd
been deleted.

That's downloading much, much faster than archive.org.

Tim.