On 9/23/24 13:24, Steve Keller wrote:
Dan Ritter <d...@randomstring.org> writes:

Does it work without the -6 option?

No, the same problem.  And ntpq shows that IPv6 is also used, when -6
isn't given.  But, my NTP server is used by other hosts in the network
and that works fine.

Does it work if you bring back the pool servers?

Yes, it does.  I get many NTP servers (much more than the 4 pool
entries), one marked wirh '*', some with '+', some with '#', and a few
with '-'.

Can the problem be caused by Debian's change from ntp to ntpsec?  Do I
need to install keys for my NTP server?  Quite unusual, that no log
messages appear in the logs.

Steve

I personally am running ntpsec here, making this box a level 2 src, and have redirected most of my machines to it. Nut as a client, ntpsec fails as it cannot slam the correct time at bootup, apparently only adjust drift. So clients should be using chrony, which can force time into sync while booting.

ntpsec bug? IDK, but thats what I found here.

.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis