George at Clug wrote:
> I really hope I am wrong, and there is a way to change the theme
> for "file management" dialog boxes. Does any know of any DE's in which
> this can be done?

It's not a function of the desktop environment.

In Android, it's an externally callable standard function. In Windows,
there's (usually but not always) a standard File Open dialogue, and
calls to that can be intercepted and substituted.

In Linux, it is 100% up to each application, and it is not
expected to be customizable. There is no central authority.

If you change the default GTK theme, that will affect all
applications that respect that. If you change the default GNOME
theme, similarly. If you change the default KDE
theme, similarly. If you change the default XFCE theme... well,
Thunar will change appearance a little.

But you can't ask Firefox to use a different Save or Open
dialogue, sorry.

-dsr-