On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 07:41:12AM +1100, Cameron Hutchison wrote:

> > who -H says the user has pts/[0-3] open, even though I've slayed him.
> > How can I close those?
>
> It looks like there must still be some entries in utmp/wtmp. You may be
> able to clear them up with sessreg(1x) - I've never used it before, but
> from the man page it looks like it may do the trick.

I can't figure out how to make sessreg work.
I've tried

#sessreg -d <me>
#sessreg -u /var/run/utmp -d <me>

but nothing happens.  Do you think this has anything to do with it:
I use fluxbox with gnome-terminal, and I have gnome-control-center so
"gnome stuff works".  Thus I have a dependency on gnome-session, but in
my install scripts I run

#update-alternatives --remove x-session-manager /usr/bin/gnome-session

or else the gnome session stuff runs.  I don't have [xgk]dm installed.

Do you think that is causing it?
I have tried running some of the things such as gnome-session-remove but
it says gnome-session isn't running.