On January 28, 2004 09:12 am, Stephen Turner wrote:

> Hi R.J.P,
>
> I got the message:-
>
> midia.cfg no such file or directory
>
> timidity can't read any configuration file
>
> pleae check /etc/timidity.cfg
>
> I have alsa installed. I shall read the noteedit website in the
> meantime.

It seems that in testing/unstable the timidity-patches are missing, perhaps
there was some licencing issue.

I installed timidity a long time ago -- probably on Ham. At that time the
patches that came with timidity weren't very good so I installed the
"eawpats" myself. They are available here

http://www.stardate.bc.ca/eawpatches/eawpats12_full.rar

You will need to "unrar" them (apt-get install unrar)

I placed them in /usr/share/timidity/eawpats/

my timidity.cfg file looks as follows

# start
dir /usr/share/timidity/eawpats/
source gravis.cfg