Incoming from Hugo Vanwoerkom:

> Does this mean that the volunteer list maintainer who has limited time
> to maintain the list is a Debian Developer,
> or can there be other volunteers to do this who DO have more time? I am
> under the impression that recently there is NO maintenance of this list,

Way to encourage the volunteer.  I take it you're volunteering to
replace him?

It could be he has a life to live and real world job to keep on the
side.  Give him a break.  Besides, I can't say that reading this list
has changed much for me even with the latest crop of viruses, worms &
etc.  I'd say the list is working just fine thank you very much.

Of course, for the Windows users out there who haven't kept up their
virus scanners and aren't sitting behind hardware firewalls, life
might be a little more hectic.

Which brings up another thing; all the talk about scanning the list
for viruses, only allowing those subscribed to post, etc., yada yada.
If they weren't using Windows to read mail, they wouldn't have a
problem, would they?  Why are so many considering reworking the list
just to satisfy fools who insist on using deficient mail software?

Apologies in advance for my lack of sympathy.  :-P

- -