Posting in HTML makes your message barely readable, which greatly reduces
your chances of getting useful answers. Please set your mail client to
plain text when posting to a mailing list.

On Thursday 12 February 2004 03:00 pm, saravanan wrote:
> I 've installed debian3.0 on my rackable systems c1000.

> Since it doesn't support smp by default, I 've installed
> kernel-image-2.4.22***-smp.deb. But the kernel is still the same as the
> old one. (uname -a , shows the kernel without smp).

> What's the problem?

Did you set LILO/GRUB to boot the new kernel instead of the original
kernel? If using LILO, did you run /sbin/lilo after making this change?

Adam