On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 06:43:16PM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:07:54AM +0000, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> > All correct, what a plum I am.  Except for this.  I asked not to be CC'd.
> > You CC'd me.  The fact that your MUA uses Mail-Followup-To: does not remove
> > your obligation to check that the To: field of an email that you send
> > is correct.  A lot of people on the list don't use Mutt, and manage to
> > get the reply correct even without the benefit of Mail-Followup-To:.
> > I don't think list policy mentions correct setting of follow ups,
> > desirable though that may be.
> >
> > FWIW, I have been aware of this for some weeks and do plan to correct it
> > when I get a moment.
>
> Your lack of preparation is not my cause for concern.

What lack of preparation?  If you want to talk about a cause for
concern, how about your inability to check the contents of your To: and
Cc: fields?

> The simple fact is if your MUA wasn't using established standards
> (insofar as Mutt follows established standards) to indicate that you do
> indeed desire a CC on your reponse, you wouldn't be getting them.

employed by several MUAs.

> I'm doing my part by hitting list-reply.

You're not doing your part by not checking the destinations of outbound
email.

> I'm have all SIGs blocked,
> because I don't care to read anybody else's philosopy or contact info:
> don't put info in there that must be read.

My signature doesn't contain my philosophy or contact info.  It does
contain a reminder about one aspect of list policy and several useful
links.  If you hold on for a second, I'll just change my signature to
suit people who don't care to read it.  :-P

> You really are the limit.

Thanks again.  I'm not going to respond to any more posts in this
thread.  It's so dull.

Please don't CC me.  Also _please_ read the following before posting:
Documentation - http://www.debian.org/doc/
FAQ - http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/
Install manual (i386) - http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install