On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:36:55PM -0500, Danny O'Brien wrote:
> According to research, it seems as though we failed to compile PHP with
> postgres support at install time. We used Debian packages to install
> PHP and don't recall whether compiling with postgres was an option.

As you seem to be using binaries, the php maintainer compiles stuff
and then you install the compiled product. Just with a lot of details.

> - Should we remove PHP and start over with the regular PHP compiler?
> - Is there a "Debian way" to install PHP with postgres support?

Debixpna puts postgres support for php into a seperate package.

IIRC install php4 and php4-pgsql. This works on my Woody install.
I also have postgres installed.

You might need to alter your php config file also to remove a ';'.

Brian