Colin Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 02:20:23PM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
>> * Moritz Beller ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [040224 14:12]:
>> > Yes, but not only! In the former case (upgrading debian distribution) I
>> > only want to use secure updates (that means updates which are believed
>> > to work very stable and fully tested or at least something like this). I
>> > prefer not getting the very latest version instead of a buggy test one.
>>
>> You describe:
>>
>> # Security updates for "stable"
>> deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
>> deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib non-free
>
> Drop the second of those. (It has more or less no effect at the moment;
> it probably will as we run up to releasing sarge, and perhaps in the
> future it may have useful contents more regularly.)

After doing so apt-get just wants to install one new package and update
3 packages whereas the calling of apt-get dist-upgrade before these
changes resulted in getting an enormous list of updates to be done. I
guess this sources.list won't update my debian.

What's wrong with it?

Moritz
--
please send mail to momo.beller(AT)t-online(DOT)de