On Thursday 26 February 2004 18:09,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Raphaël Berbain)
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> David Baron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > It can happen, even to the best, even from "stable"--an upgrade is
> > done that renders the system less than usable. It just occured with
> > X.
>
> [...]
>
> > I propose a rollback capability in apt-get. Assuming that this could
> > not be done over the internet at present, it would involve
> > maintaining an archive of replaced items and the dependancies.
>
> Maybe http://snapshot.debian.net/ is what you are looking for ?

Could be. Of course, one most no exactly where to look here.

Obviously, I would not want these to be part of the normal dkpg download
places so some sort of branched apt-getting option becomes desirable. This is
why a local archive is desirable. Not everyone updated today or yesterday or
knows which date was the desirable and which not. This snapshot is not
browseable.