Philippe Marzouk wrote:

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 09:05:08AM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

Where is the option for usb scanner when compiling your kernel? It
seems that it was forgotten. Yesterday I found out that to use the
scanner I had to boot with the 2.4.22 image, now I am trying to
recompile the image 2.6.3 to add scanner support but I can find only
for microtek, and no generic as it used to be. I am suspending the
compiling until I find out more about it.

The kernel changelog mentions it, it is now deprecated and removed from the kernel you have to swith to using libusb.

For my Epson scanner I had simply to put

usb

on the epson.conf file

Philippe

For my epson it was not as simple.
Sane is now supported by libusb and not kernel.
Run sane-find-scanner. You get something like this:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0104 [Perfection1200]) at libusb:001:003
# Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

Then I put this in /etc/sane.d/epson.conf:
usb libusb:001:003

Scanner OK.
Kenneth.