I work at a school where we have multiple IBM 8310 desktop computers for student and teacher use. I have been attempting to install Sarge (using the network install), but have had difficulty with the i845 video chipset. I understand that there are some modules to load, and perhaps issues regarding the kernal and the version of xfree86.
Does anyone know where I might find step-by-step instructions for this process? Will Sid load the i845 stuff automatically? Can I get what I need by using apt-get, or do I need to download files from Intel? I know that Knoppix works on these machines without any configuration problems, but I want to run "pure" Debian on all machines.

Your help is much appreciated....

Robert Maynord