Hi.  I have an Artec WRR-4048 CDRW drive at /dev/hdc (linked to by /dev/cdrom.)
This drive supports packet writing mode according to cdrecord.  However, when I
try to setup udftools, I get an error message that says:

prince:~# /etc/init.d/udftools start
Starting support for udftools packet writing: pktcdvd0=hdcpg: pg version 1.02, major 97
pga: Autoprobe failed
pg: No ATAPI device detected
open packet device: No such device or address
.

I also tried running pktsetup directly with the same result for both /dev/hdc and
/dev/cdrom.

I have tried putting both /dev/hdc and /dev/cdrom into /etc/default/udftools and
I get the same error.  I have also tried simply using mkudffs to make a udf
filesystem on a blank CDRW.  If I do that, I get this message:

trying to change type of multiple extents

This again happens whether I use /dev/cdrom or /dev/hdc.

I am running kernel-image-2.6.5-1-k7 and udftools-1.0.0b3-1.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?  If so, what did you do?  Is there a
certain module I need to load besides ide-cd?  Is there something else I missed
somewhere?

Thanks for any help,
PRINCE