I succesfully installed wlan-ng and have the card working, kinda. When first put in, or at bootup, I get an error message about turning it on. If I type:
ifdown wlan0
ifup wlan0

It then comes back up okay. My guess is that something else is getting to the card first and trying to start it up unsuccesfully, then the network script is coming in and can't do it because the first one messed it up.

I have the following to /etc/network/interfaces (Xed out the sercutiy stuff)
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
gateway 192.168.1.1
wireless mode managed
wireless_essid XXXXX
wireless_enc on
wlan_ng_key0 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No other files were touched, I was under the impression this should be enough. Was I wrong?

Jesse Hein