On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 03:10:58PM +0200, Philippe Dhont   (Sea-ro) said
> My new kernel is compiled with ext2, ext3 and the others also.
> My filesystem is ext3.

In the kernel or as modules?  They have to be builtin for it boot.

> When i reboot my system i can choose to boot the debian2.6.5 but in the
> boot process i get this:
>
> Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

Did you include support for your ide/scsi controller IN the kernel, too?

--
Rob Weir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:         corporate security Bosnia Syria ICE Verisign SRI Nazi