Marc Wilson wrote:

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 07:49:20PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

Uwe Dippel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I do understand that we don't want scsi-emulation any longer. So far so
good.

Whatwhatwhat? This changed? I upgraded from 2.4 to 2.6 and didn't
lose my burner...I'm now confused and surprised I didn't.

Don't be. It's true that ide-scsi is depreciated, but I can't think of a single front-end to cdrecord that supports ATAPI device specifications other than k3b, and who wants to use *that*?

Anyone want to put forward a front-end that does?

Ide-scsi will continue to work for some time.

actually xcdroast works quite nicely, in 2.6 with hdc=cdrom hdd=cdrom
and no ide-scsi anywhere in sight

stephen