On Monday 10 May 2004 02:55, Kaveh Gh wrote:
>  Hi! (Again)
>
>  In /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, the mouse device has been
> defined according to the following lines:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>       Identifier "Configured Mouse"
>       Driver     "mouse"
>       Option     "CorePointer"
>       Option     "Device"     "/dev/psaux"
>       Option     "Protocol"   "ImPS/2"
>       Option     "Emulate3Buttons"    "true"
>       Option     "ZAxisMapping"       "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>       Identifier "Generic Mouse"
>       Driver     "mouse"
>       Option     "SendCoreEvents"     "true"
>       Option     "Device"    "/dev/input/mice"
>       Option     "Protocol"  "ImPS/2"
>       Option     "Emulate3Buttons"    "true"
>       Option     "ZAxisMapping"       "4 5"
> EndSection
>
>  As you can see, the mouse protocol that X uses is
> ImPS/2. In X environment, mouse works not really fine!
> I mean when I move the mouse slowly, it works not bad,
> but when I move it fast, it jumps from one side to the
> other side of screen, unwanted clicks and undesired
> scrolling will be happened :(

You are not running gpm as well by any chance?  Your symptoms sound as though
you might be.
If so you need
        Option     "Device"    "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option     "Protocol"  "IntelliMouse"

And also check that /etc/gpm.conf contains something like
   repeat_type=ms3
   device=xxxx         ; might be /dev/input/mice or
                       ; /dev/psaux - I've no idea
   type=imps2

If you are fiddling with gpm, just hop into a terminal and edit /etc/gpm.conf,
restart gpm (with '/etc/init.d/gpm restart') and see if the mouse is happy in
the terminal. Once it is working correctly, edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
and restart X.
--
richard