[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> Getting that information or getting amd64 added to sid would be the
>> point of the revised GR. It would have to be worded in a way that
>> forces ftp-master to add amd64 in a reasonable timeframe unless he can
>> give reasons not to.
>
> It is the Project Leader's job to supervise his Delegates (including
> the ftp-master).  So if you are complaining that the ftp-master is
> derelict, I want to hear what he says.  If you think the Project
> Leader is not doing a sufficient job at supervising the Delegate, then
> I want to hear what he has to say.  But it is, in the first instance,
> for the Project Leader to ask the Delegate, and to give him
> deadlines.

Yes, very reasonable. So (after asking the DPL and him rejecting) the
GR should be amended to "The Debian developers overturn the decision
of the DPL not to set a deadline for deciding the amd64 inclusion in
sid for ftp-master"?

Worst case scenario: Lets say that wins (1 month delay) and a deadline
is set and passes (another month delay) and the ftp-master team is not
replaced (another month waiting for the DPL to do that) then we can
make a GR forcing the replacement (another month) and get a new team
in (another month to find that team) and get amd64 added to sid.

That makes 5 month delay just through inaction for something the great
majority of developers wants? Please don't let it come to that.

> This is the kind of thing you need in any GR long before I am willing
> to agree to it.
>
> You have lept to the GR strategy, failing to realize that the GR
> strategy should *presume* that you have done this work.

I haven't. Someone else did and it was not coordinated on the
debian-amd64 mailinglist (which it should have). Could have been
discussed on irc while I was absent there but I doubt it.

>> It would also have to be worded in a way that gets the DPL to
>> disappoint the ftp-master team and to replace it with one that will
>> act.
>
> Have you already asked the DPL to do this?  What was his response?
> Don't you think that should be a first step before we should approve a
> GR?

Well, we have (asked him to intervene) and he is working on it. See
the last mail from him for the details of his now increased efforts
to resolve it.

MfG
        Goswin