On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 12:12:33AM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Wouter Verhelst (wou...@debian.org) [140308 02:21]:
> > So rather than accepting this amendment, I propose that we modify
> > paragraph 3 read as follows, instead:
> >
> > -------
> > 3. Updates to this code of conduct should follow the normal GR
> >    procedure. However, the DPL or the DPL's delegates can add or
> >    remove links to other documents in the "Further reading" section
> >    after consultation with the project and without requiring a GR.
> > -------
> >
> > The idea here is that a DPL can add a link to something considered
> > useful, while "normal" DD's can still add such a link through a GR if
> > the DPL is opposed.
> >
> > How's that sound?
>
> Just a minor point, I think we should put the "or the DPL's delegates"
> in () because according to the constitution the DPL could delegate
> these powers anyways (and so this part is just repeating what our
> constitution says, and not something special for this decision here).

Yes, that sounds slightly better.

So, basically, we have now:
- My original proposal, which has received enough seconds,
- Neil's amendment A, which adds the current mailinglist CoC to the
  "further reading" section. I have accepted that amendment in
  <20140308012109.ga...@grep.be>, and no sponsors have objected, so
  under A.1.5 of the constitution my original proposal is replaced by
  Neil's amendment A.
- Neil's amendment B, which I have not accepted (and which I will not
  accept either) and which has received enough seconds. However, I have
  suggested some minor adjustments, and Neil seems to have accepted them
  (though not formally so).

If Neil were to formally accept my amendment to his amendment to my GR
proposal (or possibly, Andreas' amendment to my amendment to Neil's
amendment to my GR proposal -- still with me? ;-), that would end us up
with two options on the ballot rather than three (not counting FD),
which I think would be a plus.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/