Kurt Roeckx writes ("Re: Calling for the vote (Re: Re-Proposal - preserve
freedom of choice of init systems)"):
> On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 02:34:45PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > That was at `Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:59:16 +0100'.
> >   $ date -d 'Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:59:16 +0100 +14 days'
> >   Sun Nov  2 13:59:16 GMT 2014
> >   $
>
> As far as I know, amendment C was at least 1 day later,
> according to the vote page, but I haven't been keeping track of
> things.

I did not accept amendment C.  Therefore it does not reset the clock.

Constitution A.2(4):

 4. The minimum discussion period is counted from the time the last
    formal amendment was accepted, or since the whole resolution was
    proposed if no amendments have been proposed and accepted.

Here, `accepted' refers to Constitution A.1(2):

 2. A formal amendment may be accepted by the resolution's proposer,
    in which case the formal resolution draft is immediately changed
    to match.

The last (and only) formal amendment I accepted was my own, on Sunday
the 19th.  As I wrote there:

   For the avoidance of any doubt, I currently intend to not accept
   any further amendments.  That means that the minimum discussion
   period will not be extended any further (unless the DPL
   intervenes).  I currently intend to call for a vote when the
   minimum discussion period elapses, 2 weeks from now.

Neil replied to that email with `Received and valid' and neither you
nor he contradicted my comments about the discussion period.

Thanks,
Ian.