Hi Ian,

On  Di 03 Dez 2019 13:54:40 CET, Ian Jackson wrote:

* Should I adopt Guillem's framing as a preamble to my own proposal ?
  (Should this be a new alternative or a replacement?)

* Would Guillem's framing make a good preamble to Dmitry's option ?

* Or do the supporters of Guillem's option favour some other
  combination of possible answers to the specific questions ?

Personally, I think that the full scope of the tendency spectrum regarding init systems is +/- covered by the available proposals.

However, not all proposals provide proper guidance how to act and react in certain corner and/or non-corner cases.

I think, this lack of specifics can be amended with a follow-GR that goes into details and fine-tunes the voted for proposal.

Personally, I am much more on the multiple init systems side than on the systemd side, however, if the majority in Debian wants to see systemd-only, you can safe the drafting time today for other valuable tasks.

My 2¢,

light+love
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de